Joke Filter
There are so many jokes out there, especially the kind you receive when you are on someone's "joke group" - you know the kind, the people who forward 18 jokes per day to you and about a hundred other people. Sometimes you can't even get through your morning work because you're reading all those jokes.
But you can't help yourself - you've got to read them all - even if you find over time that you don't the majority of them, you hold out hope that somewhere within the morass there will be at least one or two that make you smile.
Of course, that's really just me, and I'm probably projecting, i.e. thinking that everyone else is similar to me in this vein. Perhaps the rest of the world loves every single joke that comes their way, I don't know. But if you ARE like me, then you would probably like to have something called
the Joke Filter.
It sifts through the incredible onslaught of email humour and culls out only the ones that you might find funny, and then you get them in a nice little tidbit toward midafternoon, when you really need a little pick-me-up.
I would like to be the Joke Filter. That would be a cool job. Sure, I know that if it existed it would be done with a program, one that you would install, then enter your personal tastes in humour and then it would automagically pick out the jokes that "fit" in the realm of the specifics that you entered, but still, if it were done by a human,
that's what I would like to be. I'd sit at a computer screen all day, having your jokes routed to me first, then I would read them all, pick out the ones that I know you would like, then I'd send them to you in a personal email, tailor-made to suit your taste. All, of course, for a nominal fee. And if I applied this nominal fee to a fair number of clients, I'd be pretty well set, I'd say.
So, any takers?
Think about it!!
VG
But you can't help yourself - you've got to read them all - even if you find over time that you don't the majority of them, you hold out hope that somewhere within the morass there will be at least one or two that make you smile.
Of course, that's really just me, and I'm probably projecting, i.e. thinking that everyone else is similar to me in this vein. Perhaps the rest of the world loves every single joke that comes their way, I don't know. But if you ARE like me, then you would probably like to have something called
the Joke Filter.
It sifts through the incredible onslaught of email humour and culls out only the ones that you might find funny, and then you get them in a nice little tidbit toward midafternoon, when you really need a little pick-me-up.
I would like to be the Joke Filter. That would be a cool job. Sure, I know that if it existed it would be done with a program, one that you would install, then enter your personal tastes in humour and then it would automagically pick out the jokes that "fit" in the realm of the specifics that you entered, but still, if it were done by a human,
that's what I would like to be. I'd sit at a computer screen all day, having your jokes routed to me first, then I would read them all, pick out the ones that I know you would like, then I'd send them to you in a personal email, tailor-made to suit your taste. All, of course, for a nominal fee. And if I applied this nominal fee to a fair number of clients, I'd be pretty well set, I'd say.
So, any takers?
Think about it!!
VG


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home