Vietnam Veteran Bumper Stickers
That was a terrible war, and a terribly unpopular war, but my thought for the day was, after seeing yet another bumper sticker this morning on the drive across town (you know the kind, with the yellow flag with green-orange bars and what say "Proud Vietnam Veteran"), I thought to myself about how these guys must see the new generation of military in this new long drawn-out Middle Eastern Affair.
Do they have sympathy? Thinking, "I sure as hell wish another generation didn't have to go through what I go through?"
Or do they think, "Those punks didn't have it tough. WE had it tough!"
Maybe different people think different things. Who knows. Either way, war sucks and that's why I'm an avowed coward.
Me - never went to war. Wish nobody else had to either.
VG
Do they have sympathy? Thinking, "I sure as hell wish another generation didn't have to go through what I go through?"
Or do they think, "Those punks didn't have it tough. WE had it tough!"
Maybe different people think different things. Who knows. Either way, war sucks and that's why I'm an avowed coward.
Me - never went to war. Wish nobody else had to either.
VG


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home